Translate

Monday, March 25, 2013

Mar 19, I tried to palpate my rabbit, I still couldn't figure out if she's pregnant

by Maggie
(Valley City, ND,USA)

I have a first time 8 month old pregnant purebred mini rex rabbit named Adella. She was bred about 1 1/2 weeks ago and it seemed successful (they showed all the signs of success). I followed the directions to palpate, but I still can't figure out if she's pregnant. I haven't bred rabbits for a long time, and I've never palpated before. My new doe has been acting very shy and eating all her food, but I know false pregnancies are very common in rabbits. I'm very confused!!! I'm wondering since I bred her with my old purebred mini rex buck if that would make a difference than breeding her with a younger buck?

I really need help. I'm 12 years old so I can't go to a vet and the closest vet that takes care of rabbits is 1 hour away in a different town.

***** Karen Sez *****
Were they my rabbits and I couldn't figure things out by palpating, I'd prepare for bunnies - nest in on day 28 and expect bunnies 31-32 days after breeding.

According to you, they showed all the signs. Plus, it's springtime. Rabbits are raring to go just as winter is receding.

Time to just be patient!

PS: Got any does you know are not pregnant? Start palpating them now, so you know exactly what it feels like when a doe has no babies. Next time, maybe you'll be able to detect the subtle changes and the little lumps that are the little embryos growing.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment