Translate

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Mar 18, Wood Bedding

by Ken Snek
(Dixon, Ill)

I use hay for bedding. However, can hardwood shavings be used for bedding? I plane a lot of hard wood is the reason for my question. Mainly oak and walnut. Love this website. What a great place to look up rabbit information.

***** Karen Sez *****
Thanks! Glad you like the website.

Sure, you can use hardwood. It is, however, more scratchy and splintery than softwood, which I'd prefer for my own rabbits. That said, it's awful hard to turn down free shavings!

What if you try it and see how the rabbits handle it? Or, mix them with hay or straw, or with the softer pine shavings in order to stretch your dollars a bit further.

Let us know how it goes, eh?


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment